Q: My car won't turn on.

I was coming home from work and I turned the car off. I noticed that a beeping noise was still going off when the car was completely off, it was a beeping noise as of a door was open. I closed the doors and I could still hear the noise. Once I unplug the battery it goes away and as soon as I connect it back the noise starts up again. The key won't turn, i push the clutch in all the way and I'm in neutral. The hole where I put the key is pushed back a bit and I never noticed that, I feel like that's the problem. I feel like the key isn't going all in since it's pushed back so that's why it won't turn on.

Hi there. There may be a few electrical gremlins causing this problem, but at first glance I’d wager that the problem is with your ignition cylinder. Sometimes the components inside the key tumbler will become clogged with dirt, debris, dust and other "stuff" that can cause it to stick. The beeping sound may be one of the electrical connections inside the steering column which is most likely stuck. The solution here is to replace the ignition cylinder or have one of our local mechanics come to your home or office to complete this service for you.

3. My car won't turn on.