Q: My car won't start with a new battery

My battery indicator light came on saying o need to change my battery so I did and they light stayed on even after the change. Now my car won't start at all and it just kind of cut off as I was driving it allowing me to accelerate and my lights were flickering and my dashboard lights all came on at the same time. Any suggestions as to what the issue is?

A: Hey there. You may not be having a battery ...

Hey there. You may not be having a battery problem, but the charging system may not be charging the battery correctly. This vehicle has had possible problems with the engine control module since the ECM controls the alternator as to how much it should charge. Also the sensor under the battery may be shorted causing the alternator to be undercharged and the light on the dash. The Check Engine Light may also be on and stored codes for charging circuit problems and should be tested to see if the battery sensor or the ECM is at fault. If you would like to have this addressed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the Battery Light and proceed with any needed repairs.