Q: Q: My car won't start in the mornings

I have ford transit connect 1.8 tddi 2004 After my car failed to start it was diagnosed with fuel pump problem had another fitted and programmed at first lots of white smoke but after a good run it cleared. It runs superb all day starts no problem but in morning will not start without cold start , the fuel filter wasn't changed either could this be the problem or glow plugs or could it just be the pump needing set up with timing

The glow plugs are a possibility as they are a common failure item among diesel engines suffering from a hard start when cold. A faulted intake air temperature sensor may also cause issues. The fuel filter must be replaced when a new fuel pump is installed and the fuel pressure checked to make sure the pump is running properly. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look at your cold not start and offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. Q: My car won't start in the mornings