Q: Q: My car won't start

My car won't start but it makes a click noise . It's been sitting because I don't know the problem. It's not leaking but it's slowly dripping oil, my epc light on , engine light , abs light , my lights was working but now even when I jump it Dies fast and my windows , horn , etc doesn't work , like my battery isn't holding any charge.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a weak battery which can cause all of the lights to come on as you describe. This happens when there is a lack of proper system voltage. You may have a faulty alternator that is not properly charging the battery. As you may know, the alternator is responsible for charging the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power as you have described. You may also notice a whining sound as a result of the bearings inside the alternator begin to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.

3. Q: My car won't start