Q: 1984 Mercedes fails to start

My car won't start it cranks but nothing theirs no spark as well I changed the coil and the module but up to now theirs no start what do you think it can be? If you can help me to figure the problem out I would be very appreciated please & thank you

A: If the car is not starting because it has n...

If the car is not starting because it has no spark, you want to begin in the distributor. Take off the cap and have someone turn the engine over. Is the distributor turning? If it isn't, then you have a broken timing chain. If the distributor is turning, then the part in the system that you haven't changed is the pickup coil in the distributor. It generates the signal that the module uses to fire the coil. You can check the pickup for continuity, but that doesn't tell the whole story. You really need a scope to test it properly. By contacting your Mechanic, you can have a technician come to your home and test those parts and others and tell you what it will take to get back on the road.