Q: Q: My car won't start

Hello my name is Joseph. When I get into my car, it won't start. Everything in my car turns on and works perfectly fine, but when I put the key in the ignition to start the car, it makes a beeping noise and a clicking noise. This has happened before but never this long. Once, my friend hit my starter and a few minutes later it started up. Someone said it's an aftermarket alarm problem but I'm not sure because it has happened numerous times but always ended up starting up. Sometimes I have to play with the key lock pad for 5 minutes and then it works

Hello Joseph! From what you’ve stated, this could be one of two issues: a faulty starter or an issue with your aftermarket security system. Generally, if you hear a single click from the starter and knocking on it with a metal object allows the vehicle to start, its a good indication that your starter is bad. Something could be keeping the starter from spinning freely when it gets power. Also, there could be an electrical issue with your vehicle caused by an improperly installed aftermarket security system. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.

3. Q: My car won't start