Q: My car won't start and has a new starter

I bough my new car... owner said it needed a fuel pump but it still started up with a jump and I took it home and the next day it wouldn't even crank lights turn on but no crank so I bought it a new starter and still won't cranks...

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a weak battery or potentially a faulty starter relay or ignition switch. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems including no response when turning the key to start. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your starter relay.