Q: My car won't start and has a bad oil leak - 2011 Nissan Vesa

My 2011 Nissan vesa won't start and has a very oil leak put oil in and it just runs out like water.help please

A: Hello. Does the engine hold any oil? If not...

Hello. Does the engine hold any oil? If not, then there is a hole in the oil pan. This is the lowest point where all of the oil collects. It is exposed to the ground for easy access, which makes it vulnerable to damage. You can easily look under the vehicle and inspect the oil pan for cracks or holes.

Judging by the rate it flows from the engine, it’s likely to be big enough to spot quickly. This would require a replacement oil pan, assuming further damage to the engine hasn’t occurred. The engine may have blown a rod and sent it straight down into the pan. If this is the case, the vehicle may need a complete overhaul.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine the source of the oil leak and suggest the needed repairs.