Q: My car won't idle - 2002 GMC Savana 2500

Ok computer says it's crank senior ireplaced. It I replaced cam senior as well and timing chain I lined up the timing marks and number on piston on compresion stroke distributor is on number one as well and when I crank it .it starts but back fires and like it's out of timing do you think the cam may be worn please help I don't know what else to do call me if you want I can explain better 540-256-1463 my name is curtis my gmail is curtis.bishop73@gmail.com

If the engine is backfiring, there is something wrong with the ignition timing. You may have to go back and make sure the mechanical timing is correct at the timing chain and then do the ignition timing over again; it’s pretty easy to get these 180 degrees off. The camshaft position sensor is located in the distributor and the better thing to do is replace the distributor as a unit instead of replacing parts.

I recommend you have an experienced technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to take a closer look at the timing and offer a personal diagnosis to get your van starting and running again.