Q: My car will turn on and idle for maybe 2 minutes if I'm lucky and then shut back off

I don't know why but my car will shut off after maybe 2 minutes, mostly not even that. I'm just wondering if you knew what it was that kills the engine.

Hello. There are a lot of things that can cause this on your vehicle. If it will run for a few minutes or so, then that usually means that something is shutting down such as the ignition module or the fuel pump. In order to know where to start the diagnostic, I would need to test the vehicle when this occurs to see if it is losing spark or fuel or both.

It may even be an ignition switch or just a relay failure.

If you want to have this stalling problem fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose why it is stalling and move forward with appropriate repairs.

• My car will turn on and idle for maybe 2 minutes if I'm lucky and then shut back off