Q: My car will not start, cranks but doesn't run.

I had replaced all three of the timing chains and tensioners. The car ran for about ten or so miles then completely died out when trying to go up a hill ( check engine light began flashing and I lost all power). Replaced starter, then spark plugs, then crank sensor in the back of the motor by the transmission. Still will not start. Is the computer bad? how much would one cost to replace?

A: Hello. This may happen for a variety of rea...

Hello. This may happen for a variety of reasons. The Check Engine Light coming on will cause fault codes to be registered in the computer which will indicate specifically to which components have failed. You may want to start with checking the camshaft position sensor as these work with the crankshaft sensor to regulate ignition timing and since you just replaced timing chains, this may also be a likely culprit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the starting problem and assist with this repair.