Q: Q: My car will not start

I don't know what's wrong with the car. The car just start doing this. Sometimes the car would start right away and now it didn't even start at all the interior lights and radio come on but it don't allow the turn pass that point. No crank, no start ,I have got jumps and everything no start at all

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty starter relay or possibly a bad clutch safety switch. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems including no response when turning the key to start. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter. The clutch safety switch is a switch that prevents the car from starting in gear when the clutch is not engaged as a safety precaution. Occasionally, these switches can also become faulty and intermittently prevent the car from starting. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: My car will not start