Q: My car will not start - 2001 Nissan Sentra

I installed a used engine with 70,000 miles on it. The car started and ran fine I installed a new battery. I parked car to do other repairs when I tried to start it, it would not turn over I tried to jump it no luck I disconnected the starter from the harness and used a switch hooked up to starter solenoid to start car, the engine turned over but did not start I hooked the starter back up to the harness and it did not start or turn over when I turned the key, it gave me the same whrring sound. What could be my problem

Hi there:

It’s possible that the starter is not fully engaging with the flywheel either due to the flywheel not being installed correctly during the engine swap, or the starter not installed correctly. It’s also possible that something in the ignition system became loose after the initial starting and is the source of your issue. There could be multiple mechanical or electrical problems causing the Sentra to not start, which is why you might want to have a mobile mechanic come by to complete a car is hard to start inspection so they can help you diagnose this issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. My car will not start - 2001 Nissan Sentra