Q: My car will not always start - 2003 GMC Sierra 1500

sometimes when I turn the key, I get nothing no sound or anything Thought it was battery got a new battery about a month ago Still does not always start when I turn key Lights and horn and radio still work I'm thinking its the starter

A: This may potentially be related to a faulty...

This may potentially be related to a faulty starter relay. This is a unit that directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems as you describe.

Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to determine why the car will not start and repair your starter relay if needed.