Q: My car will crank but not start

It will turn over but wouldn't start. But when it does it runs perfect no stalling no sputtering no check engine light on nothing. I tested all the fuses and sensors and they are all in working order. I have fuel pressure and you can hear the buzzing from the fuel pump. I don't know what else to do.

A: Hello. Your starting issues sound like they...

Hello. Your starting issues sound like they may be mechanical. The starter had a pinion gear that pops out to engage the ring gear which engages the engine to start. If the teeth in one area on the pinion gear are worn down, they will not properly engage the ring gear. This will lead to the symptoms you are having. Once the starter has rotated positions and has rotated to a spot where the teeth are still deep enough to engage, the vehicle will start. Unfortunately the only way to repair that issue to replace the starter entirely.

Recommended services
Get a Quote