Q: Idling problem

I was driving the car slowed down and it turned off I went to turn it back on and it was struggling I hit the gas to keep it from turning off but I had to keep hitting the gas It still turned off. I turned the ignition again and again and again and tap the gas as I was doing it until it finally turned on but it felt like it wanted to turn off again so I had to keep the gas level at a certain speed to keep it from turning off what is this problem

Hi There, Depending on how long this condition lasts, you may have either a faulty or dirty idle air control valve or a problem with the enrichment process when the car starts up in colder weather. If the condition goes away once it is warm, then this is like a cold start enrichment problem. As a general rule, car engines do not like cold weather and do not do operate as well in cold weather. When you start your vehicle in the morning and turn the key to on, the coolant temperature sensor reads the temperature of the coolant and relays this to the computer indicating that the coolant is cold. The computer then knows that it needs to enrich (add more fuel) the air/fuel mixture at startup due to the change in air density. When you start the car, you will notice that it idles high for a period of time until the engine warms up. This is the enrichment cold start process. This is done with what is called a cold start injector or cold start valve which injects more fuel into the motor until the engine reaches a specific operating temperature. The computer simply feeds a little extra gas through the fuel injectors to start the engine and then maintains a certain amount of fuel supply to the motor until it is warm. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle and diagnose your cold start issue.

3. Idling problem