Q: Q: Car does not start

I just put a new battery in my car a week ago, the spark plugs were replaced and I got an oil change but my car still wont start. I got a code on it a few weeks ago and they said it was the battery which is obviously not the issue. The alternator and starter are both good. It has been below zero the past few days and want to say that the cold plays a big role in my car not starting however I believe there is still something not right. My boyfriend just replaced 1 coil pack a few weeks ago and all the boots, could it be another coil pack gone bad? HELP!!!!!!

Hello. If the engine is struggling to crank, or not cranking at all then the cold temperatures may be playing a role in your starting issues. As the temperature decreases, the amount of effort required to start an engine increases, and so more electrical power is required to start the same engine. Usually issues like these will be the result of a problem with the battery or starter. If the battery is new then I would test the starter, if you have not done so already, to make sure that it is functioning correctly. If the engine is cranking but not starting then it may be possible that there is some sort of engine management or fuel issue. A problem with one of these systems’ components, such as a sensor, ignition coil, or fuel pump, may upset the air fuel ratio, or starve the vehicle for fuel, which may cause it to have trouble starting. The cold may also be playing a role here, as cold temperatures require more fuel be added to start the vehicle, as cold air is more dense. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be causing your starting issues.

3. Q: Car does not start