Q: My car starts fine and I can drive it perfectly fine for about 15 minutes then it bogs down and will not move.

I will leave for work at about 9am and arrive at 9:15 and by the time I am at work, I have to get the RPM gauge into the 6-7 range to get it to move a foot. If I sit in a drive-through, it will bog down and cut off. I have cleaned out and knocked everything out of the catalytic converter, so I know that is not the problem. The car just bogs down so much that it will just turn off and then when I turn it back on, it doesn't want to move. Is it the clutch? I have even considered the issue lying in the rear differential. I do not understand what is going on at all, please help! Thank you!

A: Hi there, thanks for your question. The fac...

Hi there, thanks for your question. The fact that the car starts up and runs fine for 15 minutes before it stalls suggests that it is likely related to an air/fuel issue.

There is something known as a mass air flow sensor which regulates the flow of air into the intake system allowing for the proper air/fuel mixture to be injected into the engine. If this is faulty, this can cause similar issues to what you are describing. If you'd like assistance with inspecting and resolving this issue, consider having one of our certified automotive technicians come to your home of office to diagnose and repair the problem for you.