Q: My car starts but only runs for 3 seconds before it shuts down

Crank car starts then dies. Some days will run great. Next day carp. Checked fuel pressure is good. Since this happened outside temp shows 152 degrees.

Hello - Is your Check Engine Light on? If so, you can check the trouble codes yourself to diagnose the problem, or you can have a mobile technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come by at your convenience and diagnose your Check Engine Light for you. With this kind of behavior and your mileage, I would be very suspicious of the crankshaft position sensor failing; they do not always just "fail" suddenly. The outside temperature reading malfunction is the result of a failed ambient air sensor (or its wiring); this is independent of engine management. To be sure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose this problem and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My car starts but only runs for 3 seconds before it shuts down