Q: My car starts but as soon as I try to put it in drive it cuts off?

My car starts but as soon as I try to put it in drive it cuts off?

Hi, thanks for writing in. Depending on the year, make, model of your vehicle, there could be multiple issues that cause the engine to stall when you put it in gear. The two usual suspects are the idle control valve or the EGR system, which can create a vacuum leak and stall the engine when it’s put into gear. Your best bet is to contact one of our local mechanics and give them a bit more information so they can recommend a service that will fix your issue.