Q: my car starts and dies right after startup before I gear into drive. it doesn't always just occasionaly.

I turn my key in my 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix, and most the time my car starts. Occasionally it will turn over, and then turn off. A second attempt and it usually starts right up, it idles roughly always. If i giive it gas when i turn the key ot will start always. Sometimes it leaks oil from the back of the engine, I can't pinpoint the location. Occasionally it will leak alot but mostly doesn't leak much. Sometimes it won't leak at all. It drives fine mostly, any advice?

Hi there. It’s probably a good idea for you to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car starts then dies inspection first, before you attempt any repairs or try to diagnose the issue. In most cases, this problem is either a restriction of fuel / air mixture such as a mass air flow sensor, fuel pump relay or idle control valve that is dirty or faulty, or an ignition system failure; such as worn out spark plugs, distributor, rotor or coil.

3. my car starts and dies right after startup before I gear into drive. it doesn't always just occasionaly.