Q: My car started running louder than normal about 2-3 weeks ago and I can not decipher why

The loud noise is coming from my engine capartment it sounds like it's kicking out 4,000 rpms when it's only at 2,000

The tink tink noise is only heard once I drive over 5-10 miles

A: Two possible sources of the engine noise sh...

Two possible sources of the engine noise should be ruled out first and those are exhaust leaks and possible bearing failures (causing noise) in any of the belt driven accessories. When the engine is cold, you can quickly "feel" for any escaping gases at the manifold to cylinder head connection but also check the exhaust pipe to engine connection. You can isolate the belt driven accessories by momentarily removing the drive belt(s), of course keep it brief if the drive belt operates the water pump. If the noise is not found, of course it is within the engine and possibly the torque converter. If the noise is coming from the valve train, you might check the oil pressure in case the noise is related to lack of oil pressure or, indeed, a low oil level. Beyond this, it will require an in person examination to more precisely pinpoint the noise. A certified engine specialist from yourMechanic would be able to diagnose the engine noise for you so do avail yourself of that opportunity if you desire to get it diagnosed.