Q: My car started losing power, shut off, and will not restart. My number 7 spark plug also has oil in it.

My corn started losing power going uphill I was about to make a turn with the brake the car shut down and will not restore my number 7 plug has oil in it

Oil in a spark plug hole will generally cause a misfire to occur. This can happen when the spark plug tube seals get oil in them from not sealing correctly. This will often cause misfires resulting in the Check Engine Light also coming on. The misfire, when persistent enough, can cause a lack of power which may cause the car to stall as well. As you may know, however, a misfire can happen for many other reasons as well, such as poor fuel pressure, dirty or leaking injectors, a faulty O2 sensor, and many other things. The Check Engine Light should indicate one or more codes which will point to potential problems.

I would recommend having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why your car is losing power and stalling and suggest any needed repairs.

• My car started losing power, shut off, and will not restart. My number 7 spark plug also has oil in it.