Q: My car start and shuts right back off i can hear the fuel pump hum so what could it be keeping it from staying running

Car starts and shuts back off i can hear the fuel pump hum so what could cause it not to stay running

Hi there:

In this situation, the engine will typically shut off due to restriction in fuel flow, a failure in the air fuel mixture or an ignition system malfunction. Due to the multiple possible causes, it’s important to have a mobile mechanic complete an onsite inspection to determine what the precise cause might be. Contact one of our local mechanics to complete a car is stalling inspection so they can pinpoint the source of your Crown Victoria’s issues.

3. My car start and shuts right back off i can hear the fuel pump hum so what could it be keeping it from staying running