Q: my car stalls at stop signs an red light often even when it in idle.

My cars stalls at lights and even when it's in idle often. I cleaned maf, and maf censer currently. Put heet in gas. So I notice when it dies the rpm goes down a Lil bit under 1 rpm then dies. Sometimes it runs great for awhile and sometimes it stalls allot, I guess the good thing is it starts right back up with no problem. what do you think the problem is with my car stalling out...thank you for your time.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: A failing torque converter clutch solenoid ...

A failing torque converter clutch solenoid is a common item to cause this sort of concern, but there are other parameters that must be looked into as well. A large vacuum leak can cause the engine to stall once the speed comes back down to idle, this is usually accompanied by a car that is difficult to start. Hire one of our mobile experts to diagnose your stalling issue and avoid an unsafe situation.