Q: My car squeals until I am at or above 40 miles and hr.

The car squels until I am at or above 40 miles an hr. That includes when I have started the car.

Hi there:

What you’re describing sounds similar to the symptoms of a loose serpentine belt or water pump belt. As a belt wears out, it stretches and can create a harmonic "squealing" sound as it continues to spin around the pulleys. As the engine continues to accelerate, the belt can tighten which will reduce the sound. However, if it’s a loose belt, it is prone to heating up and breaking.

I think your best option here is to contact a local ASE certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can test drive and diagnose the squealing noise onsite. This will give them a good starting point to eliminate some potential problems, saving you time and a lot of money on false diagnosis. Best of luck!