Q: My car sparks and has fuel but no firing - 1987 Ford F-150

I have replaced distributor coil plugs wires ICM timing chain and gears fuel pumps and I still get no fire cranks hard no fire

A: Hi there. In situations like this when you ...

Hi there. In situations like this when you have fuel and spark, the logical step is to check ignition timing issues. In many cases, the crankshaft position sensor or cam sensor can cause a timing issue which will cause the no start issue.

It might be a good idea to contact a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come to your location to complete an inspection to determine why the car is not starting. This will eliminate a lot of the guess work and let you get a better sense of what is wrong with your car.