Q: My car shut off on me while driving with no warning signs or symptoms. 2003 Chrysler Concorde

During a drive my car shut off on me while driving but all power was still there. Never showed any signs of failure. Driving good one minute and shutting off the next. When it shut off I pulled into a neighborhood. I tried cranking it but never came on after that. It will crank or turn over but won't come on. What could it be?

Hi - first task is to check for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. This failure mode could be due to a failed crankshaft position sensor, a failed timing belt, or a fuel supply issue (fuel pump or fuel pump fuse or relay). Check for spark, then to see if the fuel pump is running for quick checks. For assistance, I recommend a engine won’t start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My car shut off on me while driving with no warning signs or symptoms. 2003 Chrysler Concorde