Q: my car shaks after adding oil

my car was low on oil so my hsubandput a quart in and added gas also. Now my car shakes and it never did that before.

3. my car shaks after adding oil

Q: Won't shift from first into second gear if I'm in D but it works if I put the gear selector in 2 position

You have the 4L60-E transmission. There are some common causes of failure to shift out of first on this transmission, such as a failed vehicle speed sensor, however, the fact that you cannot physically engage "low" (1st gear) suggests either...

Q: Rough idle, thermostat code

I'm guessing the codes is P0128 Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temperature Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature). The code and the symptoms you are experiencing may or may not be related. The powertrain control module (PCM) determines operating temperature via the signal from...

Q: Engine light on and vehicle running poorly.

The symptoms your CTS is experiencing are symptoms I have seen often in prior Cadillacs. What I suspect is that your CTS is likely dealing with problems concerning the throttle body. The engine in your CTS is equipped with an...