Q: my car shakes and loses horsepower

my car shakes heavily and stalls infrequently when under 10 miles an hr and has a frequent gas smell to the exhaust. I changed my spark plugs 2 days ago. i do not know this for a fact but I'm fairly sure my chevy has reduced mpg and horse power. and i do not know what is wrong.

Hello

It’s quite possible that you have a fuel system leak, damage to the EGR valve or other emissions related component or perhaps an exhaust system leak that is causing both the smell and reduced engine power and mileage. The only way to really determine this is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a detailed inspection which will determine why it’s slow to accelerate and why you are getting that gasoline smell.

3. my car shakes and loses horsepower