Q: My car's air conditioning/heating system only works for a brief time and blows the wrong temperature air

My minivan air conditioner/heating systems will blow for 10-15 minutes and then turn off. The system also blow hot air when I turn on the air conditioner and it blows cold air when I turn on the heater.

Your Villager comes equipped with either an automatic climate control system or a manual controlled climate system. The automatic controlled system uses four separate sensors and as many modules to operate. Any of these can be the source of the symptoms you are experiencing.

With your symptoms, I tend to think you have an automatic system. If this is the case, you will need a shop level scanner to access the vehicle climate control data. Without access to this data, repairing your system will be guessing.

When it comes to a manual system, it only changes in that there aren’t any sensors to allow the computer to determine what to do. The diagnosis is virtually the same. When it comes to the blower motor tuning off after ten or so minutes, this is most likely the same component that is causing the temperature settings to be incorrect.

Because of the complicated nature of these systems, I recommend having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection in order to diagnose the precise nature of the AC/heating problem.

3. My car's air conditioning/heating system only works for a brief time and blows the wrong temperature air