Q: my car runs but wont rav

I bought a flooded car , I changs d the engine . it starts and runs but will not rav

Hi there:

The biggest problem that water damaged vehicles have is with the electronics; especially with the ECU. It’s possible that the main ECU is damaged; which is why you’re having issues with the engine; especially if it won’t rev when you apply pressure to the throttle. You might be better served to have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection to verify what’s damaged and whether it’s going to require serious electrical service to repair.

3. my car runs but wont rav