Q: My car overheated and wont start.

I got my oil changed sunday and they informed me i was very low on coolant and said i could use an coolant system flush. I told him i would come back in a week and added water. Everything was ok to i added water today before i got off. Half way home it overheated. I pulled over as soon as possible and put my flashers on. I let it cool down for about 30mins it was at the midways point and try to start it and nothing. It just makes a clicking noise. I dont know if i ran my battery down or its something else. There is a gas station at the next light where i can get water. Should i walk and get some or wait for an boost and see if that works

A: Hello. If you ran it low on coolant and ove...

Hello. If you ran it low on coolant and overheated the engine, then you may have seized the motor. A motor does not run low on coolant without a leak or a head gasket problem. I would recommend having the vehicle towed to your home or a shop and not drive it until repaired. More damages may occur if you continue to drive it like this. If you need a mechanic to come to you, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the overheating issue and guide you with the correct repairs.