Q: My car overheated and wont start.

I got my oil changed sunday and they informed me i was very low on coolant and said i could use an coolant system flush. I told him i would come back in a week and added water. Everything was ok to i added water today before i got off. Half way home it overheated. I pulled over as soon as possible and put my flashers on. I let it cool down for about 30mins it was at the midways point and try to start it and nothing. It just makes a clicking noise. I dont know if i ran my battery down or its something else. There is a gas station at the next light where i can get water. Should i walk and get some or wait for an boost and see if that works

Hello. If you ran it low on coolant and overheated the engine, then you may have seized the motor. A motor does not run low on coolant without a leak or a head gasket problem. I would recommend having the vehicle towed to your home or a shop and not drive it until repaired. More damages may occur if you continue to drive it like this. If you need a mechanic to come to you, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the overheating issue and guide you with the correct repairs.