Q: My car overheated and when I tried to start it I heard a rapid clicking sound - is it caused by my battery?

My car overheated now and I tired to start it and I heard a rapid clicking sound is it cause of my battery

Hi there. Anytime an engine overheats, it can cause serious engine damage or damage to other electrical components if the overheating issue was significant enough. Before you decide to spend money on any replacement parts or service, you should have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle to determine what caused the overheating issue and what damage may have been done.

• My car overheated and when I tried to start it I heard a rapid clicking sound - is it caused by my battery?