Q: My car over heats now and then took it to garage they said they can't find nothing wrong I no my car to well light and chimes come

My car has over heated 2 times now took it to garage they can't find nothing wrong went 75 miles no problem coming back over heated half way home

One of the more common reasons that newer vehicles like your 2011 Avenger will overheat occasionally is due to a damaged or faulty coolant temperature sensor. This is located on the top of the radiator and is designed to monitor the coolant temperature. When the temp is too high, it triggers the fans to engage to cool the radiator. Sometimes this sensor can be dirty or damaged, and not appear to be broken (which is why many mechanics are baffled by an overheating situation as you’ve described). The best way to know for sure what’s damaged is to have one of our local mechanics inspect your vehicle for an overheating issue; so they can narrow down potential suspects and recommend corrective action.

3. My car over heats now and then took it to garage they said they can't find nothing wrong I no my car to well light and chimes come