Q: My car making a loud noise my buddy think its da muffler

My car making a loud noise my buddy think its da muffler

A: Hi there. Depending on what the noise sound...

Hi there. Depending on what the noise sounds like would help me to determine what the issue is. Most of the time if it is a low rumbling or hissing noise it is caused by a bad muffler or a break in the exhaust pipe someplace.

If it is a loud ticking type of noise then most of the time the exhaust leak is coming from the exhaust manifold leaking. When the manifold leaks it will cause this noise. It may be the gasket or the manifold itself.

If you want to have this looked at, consider getting help from a certified mechanic who can come to your home or office to diagnose the sound you're hearing and make the necessary repairs.