Q: My car makes weird noises while driving and while in idle

When the car is started it makes a fast sound and also makes a whistling sound and when I accelerate the whistling sounf gets louder. Also the ac is working but the fans aren't acting weird. One won't even turn on and when the ac it restarts sometmes.

A: Hello, these problems may or may not be rel...

Hello, these problems may or may not be related. A failing accessory belt pulley or a worn accessory belt can makes whistling sounds, and also leaking air intake hoses. Intermittent problems with the AC can be caused by low refrigerant gas, a failing fan or fan switch, or other AC controls as well.

I would recommend having a A/C inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.