Q: My car loses power and blows white steam from exhaust

There's a loss of power and clouds of white steam (not smoke) coming from my exhaust. I think I have a cracked head gasket.

A: The symptoms regarding the loss of power an...

The symptoms regarding the loss of power and white steam from your Mazda could mean two concerns. The white steam you are experiencing is most likely due to a severe coolant leak. The loss of power is likely associated with engine trouble. Enlisting the help of a certified mechanic will allow them to be able to perform a coolant pressure test as well as inspect your engine’s loss of power to determine the exact cause of your symptoms are and aid you in getting back on the road.