Q: My car leaks when I fill up the steering oil right away.

The car steering was stiff all of a sudden when I was driving yesterday, I was shopping and I left the car in the spot,I went back the next day to avoid towing,in fact, it was very hard to steer and it required extra effort, I drove home now it's in the parking, so I just want to know, how much is the estimate cost for the repair,what should I be prepared for? In addition,the car was fine that whole day,I drove a lot during that day,however,I herd noises when ever I stopped for the traffic light. I knew something unusual was about to happen, but I thought it was the brakes, now is there possible for me to fix my self to skip the cost of the mechanic. Thank you million times for the answers, I am waiting.

The power steering pressure line from the pump to the steering rack and pinion is most likely the cause of the leak. In order to verify the power steering leak you can have a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to your location and verify the leak and replace power steering pressure line for you. Once the pressure line is replaced then the power steering pressure line should be checked to make sure it was not damaged when you ran it dry and kept driving the vehicle. It may have burned up the pump vanes and bearings. If the pump is noisey and weak on pressure then replace power steering pump