Q: My car is taking a long time to warm up and the service light is on

My car is taking a long time to heat up and the service light is on

A possibility is the engine cooling system thermostat is stuck open. Inasmuch as the check engine light is on, trouble codes have been stored in the vehicle computer and those codes should be downloaded. It is possible that the trouble codes are relevant to the slow warm-up issue. Indeed, those codes should be sought first to aid in the diagnostic. If the thermostat is faulty, it is possible the codes will clear once the thermostat is replaced. To have both issues investigated and resolved (the check engine light and the failure to warm-up) the recommended service to request is a Check Engine Light diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and perform the appropriate repairs, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. My car is taking a long time to warm up and the service light is on