Q: My car is starting to crank these days But won't turn over.

So It was diagnosed and it might be the crank sensor going bad or the wire.. could give me the precise location of this sensor? Having a hard time finding it

The crankshaft position sensor on these engines is located behind the crankshaft pulley. The crankshaft pulley on these engines is different than a regular crankshaft pulley and requires a special tool from general motors to remove it. This pulley must be removed in order to access the crankshaft position sensor. Once the pulley has been removed, the sensor removal and installation should be very easy from there. Removing the pulley is the most difficult part and I would not recommend using anything other than the special GM tool that is required as you can bend the pulley and cause damage to the serpentine belt. If you are finding that you are in need of assistance with replacing your crankshaft position sensor, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your home or office.