Q: My car is Renault megane 2003 model manual, my problem is the car stooped it self in the road light & it cant start now.

i was coming from limpopo to JHB trip around 400km and i did arrived safety and park the car for mby 45 minutes at home, i started the car and drive +- 4km and the car switched off itself in the road after traffic light and it cant start after, till we tow the car back home, it switch on but cant turn the engine, what could be the problem,please help.

Hello and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. There are 3 things that could cause the symptoms that you are currently experiencing. One is the ignition coils getting too hot and failing.

The second is the trigger to the ignition coils could be cutting out. The camshaft and crankshaft sensors are what control the trigger to the ignition coils. If one of the sensors are not responding correctly, then the trigger may get dropped by the computer. The computer would shut down the engine to prevent any problems.

The third problem that could effect this issue is a faulty neutral safety switch on the clutch. Check the harness and wires to the switch on the clutch and see if they are clean and free from corrosion. Make sure that the switch is not binding up or sticking. I recommend replacing the neutral safety switch, then retesting. If the system continues, then replace the crankshaft and camshaft sensors. If the symptoms are still present, then the computer is locking the trigger out and shutting off the engine. Then you would need to flash or replace the computer. If you would like to have an expert scope this out in person, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can diagnose the stalling issue and let you know exactly what needs repair.

3. My car is Renault megane 2003 model manual, my problem is the car stooped it self in the road light & it cant start now.