Q: My car is overheating

My hot coolant temp light keeps coming on amd my car is not running right. I changed th thermostat and it still overheating

Overheating can be created by many things:

• The anti-freeze condition poor
  • Low coolant level because of a leak
  • Coolant pump flow output low
  • Engine internal failure
  • The radiator externally blocked from airflow to cool the anti-freeze.
  • Internal blockage in the coolant system component’s.
  • Head gaskets can fail from the anti-freeze condition breaking down and creating an acid reaction.
  • Cooling fans not operating

These are just few things it could be. You said the vehicle does not run well. If overheated to a high temperature, this could do damage to the engine. The head gaskets could leak anti-freeze into a cylinder, which would causing poor operation of the engine. This is a serious condition that should be looked at by an expert who can diagnose your overheating issue and determine what component is faulty.

3. My car is overheating