Q: My car is overheating after I replaced a leaking radiator and thermostat.

overheating after replacing radiator and thermostat

This may be related to other cooling system issues, such as a faulty coolant temperature sensor or bad coolant fan relay. As the temperature of the coolant increases and decreases, a sensor relays this information to the computer which uses this information for many other functions such as cold start enrichment as well as when to trigger the cooling fans to come on and turn off at specific temperatures.

When either of these is not working properly, you may notice the car overheating and the temperature fluctuating erratically. I would recommend having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is overheating and suggest any needed repairs.

• My car is overheating after I replaced a leaking radiator and thermostat.