Q: My car is operating funny.

Recently I hit something in the middle of the road. Ever since then my car has been acting funny and it'll stop but the car will be on and I'll be pressing the gas. The mileage meter will go up but the car wouldn't move. I'll have to cut it off and cut it back on and then it'll move. Then once it move it'll go backwards a little and then take off but then slow back down shortly. What exactly is this? Why is my car doing this?

Hello. I would definitely get your car in the air to inspect for damage. It sounds like you may have damage to the transmission or one of the axles. If either of these are damaged then this will occur. If you need someone to look at this, consider having a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose this issue and make the necessary repairs.

3. My car is operating funny.