Q: My car is not starting

My car is not starting I have a new battery a new starter and a new fuel filter

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. You may have a defective start relay or start interrupt switch on the transmission. Have a mechanic come and diagnose the problem for you if these items check out okay. Try to move the shifter to different gears while trying to crank the engine and see if it cranks. If it does then you may have a shift linkage issue or the start interrupt switch is bad. If you want to have this checked by a certified mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your car starting problem and replace the starter relay if necessary.