Q: My car is making a vibrating/shaking noise

I just had my car inspected for the state safety inspection. As a result, I had my RF Motor Mount and Transmission Mount changed. My car was suddenly quieter than it had been in a while, but my air conditioner suddenly stopped working. A few days later, it started making noise again, but it's not as severe as it was before. At first I thought something was scraping the tire, but I don't see anything. The sound is getting worse, and now the steering wheel occasionally vibrates when I accelerate. Could something have gone wrong with the motor mount?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Sometimes when a...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Sometimes when a motor mount is damaged, it will mask issues with other components on the vehicle. Although I'm not there to physically inspect your vehicle, my suspicion is that you may have damage to the wheel bearings or front end suspension components that are causing the vibration as you accelerate. A good idea would be to contact one of our local mechanics who can test drive your vehicle and diagnose the source of your shaking issues, so they can recommend the right course of action.