Q: Q: My car is making a rattling noise.

I'm pretty sure the rattling is the idler pulley, but if I don't get it changed will I have anything to worry about? Is this a major issue? Or should it be left alone?

Hi There, If the rattling sound is the idler pulley, it is probably loose. This is definitely something you need to have fixed as soon as possible as this could result in the idler pulley coming completely loose which will cause you to lose your serpentine belt as well. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: My car is making a rattling noise.