Q: my car is making a knocking sound on the left front wheel when driving on bumpy road. I changed wheel bearing and my mechanic cant

my car is making a knocking sound on the left front wheel when driving on bumpy road. I changed wheel bearing and my mechanic cant. bought and fitted new tyres about 3 months ago and wheel alignment was done

A banging or rattling over bumps can be caused by several different suspension components. A worn strut can make noises as can the upper strut mount. The strut mount allows the strut assembly to turn and move up and down. If the strut mount is worn, it can allow the strut assembly to rattle or bang over bumps. Stabilizer bar end links or bushings can also contribute to a banging noise. Worn end links can allow movement in the bar, and the bushings where the bar connects to the chassis can wear away and allow the bar to contact the chassis. Even a worn tie rod or ball joint can cause noises over bumps.

Since so many components can be causing a noise over bumps, have a certified technician inspect the suspension to isolate the exact cause.

3. my car is making a knocking sound on the left front wheel when driving on bumpy road. I changed wheel bearing and my mechanic cant