Q: My car is making a clunking noice when I am not accelerating and a grinding noice when going about 35mph my car is a 2005 Nissan A

My concern is that when coasting my left front wheel is making a clunking and then under acceleration it sounds like something is grinding I let go of the steering but wheel at a slow speed and the wheel was shaking with the clunking noice

Hi Patrick. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually this type of noise and symptom is common with a damaged wheel bearing. As the wheel bearing ages, it loses lubrication and will cause metal-to-metal contact. This is often the source of the grinding sound. It’s also common for steering wheel vibration to occur. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection before replacing the wheel bearings, as other suspension components could also be the source of these issues.

3. My car is making a clunking noice when I am not accelerating and a grinding noice when going about 35mph my car is a 2005 Nissan A